Butterfly – Mourning Cloak

I have started a new Butterfly pattern from this series.  It is called Mourning Cloak.

Here is my progress so far.


I know it looks like I threw up on my fabric, but it is the beginnings of a butterfly, I promsie.

This butterfly, like the others, is being stitched on 28-count white Monaco using the charted DMC colors.

Originally, my goal for this year was to finish two or three of the patterns.  Since this will be my third butterfly, I hope this is a goal that I will actually meet this year!  Yippee!

Here are my other completed butterflies:

1424145300076  1420402027503

I am thinking about black square frames for them.  Maybe 8×8.  Once I finish 4 of them, I may go ahead and purchase the frames for all 8.  I am anxious to get some of them framed and hung on the wall.

Winter Fun Snowmen Ornament – Joey

Meet Joey.


I know he’s not much to look at right now, but soon he will be the newest addition to my ornament collection.  He is the sibling of Rallie of the Winter Fun Snowmen series published in the December 2006 issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine.

He is being stitched on 14-count perforated plastic using DMC colors.

He’s just a forehead at the moment, but he is coming together quickly.  I hope to get all 5 of the snowmen done before Christmas to hang on my tree.


Snowman Rallie is finished!

Rallie is finished!   YAY!!!


Now I just need to trim off the excess plastic canvas, attach a piece of ribbon for a hanger, and back it with felt.  The hardest part will be finding the felt!  I know I have it somewhere in a box of craft supplies. . .

I’m not sure what small project I want to start next.  I may start one of Rallie’s siblings or maybe a butterfly from this series.  Or probably both!  One can’t have too many unfinished projects laying around!  Or do I have that backwards?  Maybe you can have too many.  Nah!




It’s time for my YOTA post, and this month I actually have progress to report! I am super excited about it because I have been slacking the last couple months on my YOTA projects.

I have been working on The Legend of the Doogwod Tree the last few days. It is not a lot of progress but I am happy to see the stitches.


I managed to get some stitches in on the flowers and some backstitching.  This piece is difficult to stitch because there are A LOT of color changes and some colors only have 1 or 2 stitches.  It makes for slow going.  But I really like the subject matter and look forward to see it hanging on my wall (in about 10 years).

Until next time.