Tooth Fairy Monster Pillow

I wanted to make a tooth fairy pillow for my son.  I picked up some scrap fabric from the clearance bin and two buttons for the eyes.

1435942518831

After some calculating, I figured a finished pillow of 7 1/2 inches would be perfect.  So, I cut two 8 inch squares and two 8×4 inch squares.

1435944169821

I then sewed two small squares for the teeth and sandwiched those between the two mouth pieces and sewed them all together.

1435956297021

I sewed two circles to put behind the button eyes for a cartoonish effect.

1435958431714

I then put everything together for the front of the monster.

1435959088176

Next came sewing the back square to the front and including a loop for hanging.

1435960079162

I stuffed it with fiberfill and . . .

1435960159227

Voila!  A Tooth Fairy Monster pillow is made!

1435961485689

1435961648445

I really liked the way this turned out!  I think it is super cute!

This is one of two projects I completed at retreat.  I didn’t get as much accomplished at retreat as I would have liked.  Next time maybe there will less talking and more sewing!

 

 

Retreat, Retreat!!

No, don’t run away!  It’s craft retreat!

I just got back from spending 4 glorious days lounging around, gossiping, watching movies, eating, and, oh yeah, a bit of crafting thrown in there for good measure.

Unfortunately, I believe there was more eating done than actual crafting.  I had great plans to finish quite a few projects, but the reality turned out differently.

I did finish the binding of a lap quilt that has been languishing around for at least two years, and I did manage to put together a Tooth Fairy pillow just in time for my son to lose his 4th tooth.  (Better late than never.)  And I also got a little cross stitching done.

I forgot to take any pictures of the retreat location, but this week I will post the progress made on my projects.

July YOTA

It’s time for this month’s YOTA post.

I have continued to work on The Legend of the Dogwood Tree project.  I didn’t get very much done, but some progress was made.

1436067257493

I got some stitches in two of the leaves of the bottom flower.  I know it pretty much looks the same as last month, but I promise there are some new stitches in there!

I was hoping to get more accomplished this month as my progress on this piece has been dismal.  Although I am not fond of the fabric or stitching with three threads, I am beginning to like the project a bit more.  Maybe I can be motivated to work a little harder on this one.

Happy 4th of July!

Snowman Joey update

I’ve been stitching, but not posting lately.  Here is my progress on my snowman Joey.

1435632489644

He now has a cheek and half a carrot nose!

I hope to get a lot done on this project this weekend at retreat.  (Maybe a finish!)  I am taking with me several cross stitch projects, two quilts, a fabric tree thing I have been trying to finish for 2 years, and a sewing project.

But more on those later . . . .