Progress on a Butterfly

It has been a month since my last update on the Mourning Cloak Butterfly.  And lots of progress has been made!

It no longer looks like I threw up on my fabric!  YAY!  Although the colors are not great, now that the edges of the wings are getting stitched, it is beginning to look like an actual butterfly.   I am hoping that once more of the cheerful colors are added, I will like it more.  It is a depressing color scheme – all those reds and browns.  I guess that may be why it is called the Mourning Cloak.

1443311202562

I hope to have this one finished soon.  I have way too many projects going right now and what to trim down and focus on just two or three.

 

Mourning Cloak butterfly

I have made a bit of progress on my Mourning Cloak butterfly.

This was what it looked like on June 29th.

1435631421942

And this is what it looks like today.

1439780898381

It still looks like I threw up on my fabric, but at least it is beginning to take the shape of a butterfly.

I’m not fond of the color scheme of this butterfly, but I’m sure it will look better once it is finished.

Butterfly – Mourning Cloak

I have started a new Butterfly pattern from this series.  It is called Mourning Cloak.

Here is my progress so far.

1435631421942

I know it looks like I threw up on my fabric, but it is the beginnings of a butterfly, I promsie.

This butterfly, like the others, is being stitched on 28-count white Monaco using the charted DMC colors.

Originally, my goal for this year was to finish two or three of the patterns.  Since this will be my third butterfly, I hope this is a goal that I will actually meet this year!  Yippee!

Here are my other completed butterflies:

1424145300076  1420402027503

I am thinking about black square frames for them.  Maybe 8×8.  Once I finish 4 of them, I may go ahead and purchase the frames for all 8.  I am anxious to get some of them framed and hung on the wall.