Snowman Joey Getting Close

Snowman Joey is almost finished!   I just have a little more to stitch on his scarf and some back stitching.


I already have the black felt I plan to use to back these ornaments.  So, once the stitching is complete, it won’t be too difficult to actually finish Joey and his brother Rallie into real ornaments to hang on the tree.

I have not gotten nearly as much done on these as I had wanted.  I wanted to finish all 5 of the snowmen this year, but it looks like there may only be two to hang on the tree!  I still have some time to maybe knock out one more before Christmas, but didn’t I say just the other day that I needed to trim down on my open projects??

A “Frog” and a Snowman

I have made quite a bit of progress on my Joey snowman ornament.  At my last post of Joey, he was just a forehead, half a cheek, and half a nose.


Here he is now with two eyes and his nose finished.


If you look carefully, you will see a white pile of threads to the right.  That is what I had to remove between the cheek and eyes because I had stitched it incorrectly!  ARGH!!!  I hate un-stitching because I’m not paying close attention.  Unfortunately, I have been doing quite a bit of that lately.  Usually, I catch myself early and only need to remove a few stitches, but lately, it has been a frog-fest.

I am not stitching as fast as I need to complete my goal of finishing all 5 snowmen before Christmas!  I need to pick up the pace and get to stitching!





Snowman Joey update

I’ve been stitching, but not posting lately.  Here is my progress on my snowman Joey.


He now has a cheek and half a carrot nose!

I hope to get a lot done on this project this weekend at retreat.  (Maybe a finish!)  I am taking with me several cross stitch projects, two quilts, a fabric tree thing I have been trying to finish for 2 years, and a sewing project.

But more on those later . . . .

Winter Fun Snowmen Ornament – Joey

Meet Joey.


I know he’s not much to look at right now, but soon he will be the newest addition to my ornament collection.  He is the sibling of Rallie of the Winter Fun Snowmen series published in the December 2006 issue of Just Cross Stitch Magazine.

He is being stitched on 14-count perforated plastic using DMC colors.

He’s just a forehead at the moment, but he is coming together quickly.  I hope to get all 5 of the snowmen done before Christmas to hang on my tree.


Snowman Rallie is finished!

Rallie is finished!   YAY!!!


Now I just need to trim off the excess plastic canvas, attach a piece of ribbon for a hanger, and back it with felt.  The hardest part will be finding the felt!  I know I have it somewhere in a box of craft supplies. . .

I’m not sure what small project I want to start next.  I may start one of Rallie’s siblings or maybe a butterfly from this series.  Or probably both!  One can’t have too many unfinished projects laying around!  Or do I have that backwards?  Maybe you can have too many.  Nah!



Rallie Snowman Ornie update

It has been so long since my last post!  I’ve had a long going on and it has definitely interferred with my stitching!

But I have managed to get in a little stitching here and there on my Rallie ornament.  Here is my progress to date.


It’s not a lot of progress, but some is better than none I guess.  I am about 75% done with the stitching.  Whoo Hoo!  When complete, I plan to back it with black felt.

I had better get myself in gear if I want to finish all 5 of them by Chrsitmas!




Winter Fun Snowmen Ornaments – Rallie

Ornament fever continues!  I have enjoyed working on these small projects and thought I would continue with them.  It is nice to complete a project and experience that joy that comes with finishing something (however small it may be).

There are 5 charts in this series.   They are stitched on 14-count perforated plastic and will be backed with black felt.  They appeared in the December 2006 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.


I wanted to start with Rallie because I liked his hat.


Here is my progress after a few days.


Side note: I started this project because I liked his hat, then I went and stitched it in the wrong color!   What a dumbass!  The pattern calls for stitching it in a beautiful blue color (DMC# 311) but, for some reason, when I looked at the chart I saw DMC# 310 (black).  I didn’t realize my mistake until the whole thing was stitched!  But, to be fair, top hats are usually black and it didn’t appear weird to me at the time that I was stitching a black hat.  Oh well, I think it turned out okay.   I may end of gifting this one and restitching it in the correct color for my tree.  But, shhhhhh – don’t tell anyone.