O Christmas Tree Finished Ornie

I finished O Christmas Tree into an actual ornament!

Here is the front:


And here is the back!


I used Vonna’s instructions on flat fold ornaments and it was super easy!

But I did omit the cording around the edge.  I didn’t want to make my own since I can’t find a mini-cording thingy and the cording at the store didn’t match.  But I think it turned out fine without it!

It has taken a while to post this, but I did actually finish this before Christmas as it was a gift for a co-worker.  Unfortunately, I didn’t get around to finishing MY ornament of this same pattern, so it is still laying there all sad and unfinished.  But I will get it done and ready to hang for Christmas 2016!





Ornament – A Wish

This is the second ornament for this year.  Again, it is out of a 2007 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.  It is called “A Wish For Hope and Peace” designed by Belinda Karls-Nace of Blue Ribbon Designs.  I remember stitching this a few years ago as a present for a family member.

I am substituting DMC thread (shocking, isn’t it) for the Weeks Dye Works used in the model.  I am stitching two threads over two on 32-count Mushroom Lugana.

I can’t find the magazine to get a picture of the finished project but here is my progress so far.  I think it should stitch up fairly quickly.



Ornament – O Christmas Tree

I am in the mood for Christmas!  So, I dug out some old Just Cross Stitch magazines and pulled some Christmas ornaments to stitch!  I have several lined up, but this is the one I started with – O Christmas Tree by Follow The Leader Designs.

This appeared in a 2007 issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine.  The original design called for Gentle Art Sampler Threads, but, of course, I am sticking with my trusty DMC.  It also was designed to be a scissor fob with a finished size of 1.5″ x 1.75″ by stitching over one with one thread.  I wanted an ornament so I am stitching over two with two threads.

I am stitching this on 32-count Cream Belfast linen.  After I finish it, I may make another using some brownish/grey linen I found in my stash.

Here is the chart (of course I will change out the 2007 to be 2015):

Here is my progress after one afternoon of stitching:

I hope to complete it this weekend and then I am going to try to “finish” it into an actual Ornament!  Whoo Hoo!