Being in the YOTA spirit, I joined Daffycat’s TUSAL 2015 challenge. TUSAL stands for Totally Useless Stitch A Long. TUSAL is a blog game where members post a photo of their ORT jars on the New Moon of every month.
What is an ORT you say? In the stitching world, ORT stands for Old Ratty Threads. These are the little pieces of thread that a stitcher cuts away at the end of the thread piece. The word “ort” does appear in the dictionary: a bit of something left over; usually concerning food. Well, the only ORTs in my house are of the thread variety – never food.
Since I already save my ORTs in a little bag by my stitchin’ spot on the couch, I thought this would be fun to show them off to everyone out there on The Interwebs.
Here are the rules from Daffycat’s post:
1. Comment on Daffycat’s TUSAL 2015 post.
2. Get a glass jar or other clear container and save your thread clippings. You can include fabric trimmings, thread bands, empty spools or any other stitching cast-offs they gather. You may continue filling this jar throughout the year OR you may empty the jar and start over each month ~ no firm rules here!
3. On (or about) each New Moon take a picture of the ORTs in your jar and post it to your blog. This is a blog game so YES, you MUST have a blog to be included.
4. Yes, you can use your current ORT jar or jars. This is no contest…the stitcher with the most ORTs doesn’t win!
5. Post a picture each New Moon, even if there has been no “progress” to show. We are aiming for “once a month” here…no whippings for being late, early, or absent!
6. When you have posted the picture of your ORTs visit Daffycat’s blog and comment on her ORT report for that month’s TUSAL.
Here is Daffycat’s blog if you would like to peruse her page on the TUSAL 2015 challenge:
The challenge follows the Lunar Cycle. The first New Moon date for 2015 was yersterday, January 20th! So, without further ado…
The New Moon dates for 2015 are:
I will post a picture of my ORT jar on or around each of these dates to show my ORT progress.
See you on the next New Moon!